So lots of you were asking about Diana’s cheesecake – here is the recipe!
100g Digestive Biscuits
30g Unsalted Butter, melted
580g Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
80g Granulated Sugar
80ml Whipping Cream
1tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
2tsp All-Purpose Flour
4Tbsp Uji Matcha Powder
Some Hot Water
- Place digestive biscuits/graham cracker in a ziplock bag, crush into crumbs with your hand/bowl. Mix in melted butter.
- Pour crumbs into a 6-inch springform pan, and press with the back of a spoon to form a firmly packed crust.
- Grease the side of the pan with melted butter.
- Makes Match Filling. Preheat oven to 170C.
- Add 3tsp hot water to matcha powder to form a thick paste, the exact amount will depend of brand of matcha powder.
- Beat softened cream cheese in a large bowl till it is smooth and creamy, then add in granulated sugar and mix on medium-high speed for a few minutes.
- Crack eggs into separate bowls and mix them in one by one. Do not over beat as it will cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Mix in whipping cream.
- Add in vanilla extract. (Optional but recommended)
- Sprinkle all-purpose flour on top and give it a quick stir.
- Add in matcha paste and mix till well incorporated.
- Wrap bottom of sprinform pan with aluminium foil.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into your springform pan, smooth out with a spatula and bang on the counter a few times.
- Place into a deep baking tray and fill with hot water (this keeps
- Bake for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 120C, cover cake with baking sheet/aluminium foil and continue to bake for 60-75 minutes.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from oven, it should have a wobbly centre.
- Let it cool completely then refrigerate for at least 10 hours (preferably overnight).
- Remove cake from springform pan. Run spatula under hot water, wipe off the water then use it to smooth out the sides of the cheesecake. (Tip: Dip your knife into hot water as well before cutting any cheesecakes/icecream cakes!)